COVID-19 | Special measures
At UV Insurance, the health and well-being of our employees, insureds and partners is our priority. Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have been careful to adapt our business processes to the situation. Consult our information page on special measures for individual insurance and investment-retirement.
At UV Insurance, we offer a range of flexible life and critical illness insurance products that adapt to everyone’s needs.
We leave it up to you to advise your clients!
Term Life Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Insurance for children
Our Additional Protections
- Download the Application (interactive PDF):
Fee Refund | Exclusive offer!
With the purchase of Early Learning or Juvenile 30/100 contract, your clients will receive a Fee Refund on future contracts!
- During the 12 months following a child’s subscription to Early Learning or Juvenile 30/100 products, immediate family members (father, mother, brothers, sisters) are eligible for the Fee Refund.
- The fee refund of fees is applicable, once per insured and for the first year of membership only.
- The fee refund will be made by cheque, 8 weeks after the issuance of the new contracts, if they are still in force.
What's new in your My Universe portal
| December 2020 |
Renewal of Assistants’ accounts
It is now possible for advisors and MGA administrators to renew the information for the Assistants’ accounts, even if they are expired. Simply click to renew the account in the Portal.
Why have an Assistant’s account?
With this option, you provide access to My Universe platform to your team members. In the left menu, under My UV Space, click on the «My Assistants» option and enter the assistant’s email address.
Something new for pending business Notifications
Notifications will now appear in your portal Inbox when new requirements are requested after an application is submitted. Find them under the alert icon in the top menu and they will appear as Pending requirements. You can review the details of the requirements by clicking on the link in the notification.
Investment & Retirement
Investment Campaign 2021
Visit the campaign webpage for more information.
The investment and retirement products offered by UV Assurance are in the image of our mutual insurance company: robust, guaranteed and flexible.
Whether your clients are conservative, moderate or bold investors, you will find an investment product that suits their needs!
Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC)
Mercury Segregated Funds
UV Direct Account
- Connection to secure portals
Access client and advisors Mercury Funds
Advisors Access GiCs
- Registration for GIC products
To obtain a username and password, please contact your General Agent.
- Mercury Segregated Funds Registration
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, representative number and the name of your general agent. We will then send you a temporary password.
Schedule and registration - WebCoffee UV
May 19, 2021
Why choose UV Insurance Simplified Issue?
Wondering why you should choose UV Insurance for its Simplified Issue? Join one of our business development managers to learn more about what makes us stand out from the competition.
Frequently Asked QuestionsIndividual Insurance
Access to My Universe Portal
- How to access My Universe and distribute UV Insurance products
You must have a distribution agreement with UV Insurance and you MGA as well as a portal access code to save an illustration and access the electronic application.
- Where can I find the illustration software?
The illustration is available via My Universe portal. There are two types of access, guest access and secure access. Secure access is the only type of access allowing illustration to be saved.
- Will a desktop downloadable version still be available?
The illustration is online only. There is no longer a software to download.
- What permissions are given to Assistant Access?
An assistant can access the illustration software and prepare the illustration for the advisor. However, They cannot generate the electronic signature. Also, they can have access to contracts, follow-ups of new business, pending cases and remuneration.
- Internet connexion
The new My Universe platform is 100% online and available on all media (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop)
- Is a test version available?
You can create test illustrations or applications and delete them later on. You don’t need to generate the signature.
- What web browsers are supported?
The following browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge. However, we recommend Chrome.
- Non face-to-face Sales
My Universe allows and greatly facilitates sales at a distance.
- Is there a Financial Needs Analysis?
Yes, on our website www.uvinsurance.ca
- If I create a family illustration, does the multi-contract discount apply automatically?
You must check the appropriate box in the illustration to obtain the multi-contract discount.
- Saving the age
It is possible to save the age (nearest age) in the illustration in My Universe.
- If the client has other contracts, does he have to indicate them?
Yes, the list of contracts in force is an important step in the analysis.
You must obtain the client’s consent before starting the electronic application. A window appears at the beginning of the process to remind you.
- When making an application, do we have to share the screen with the client or does the client receive an illustration email automatically?
We do not require screen sharing or any special technology. You can send the illustration by email to your client.
- Security and validity of the electronic signature
The electronic signature is offered in person or remotely by email, with a single click. It is also offered in paper format, at the customer’s choice. For remote electronic signatures and by email, you must confirm a secure key with all the signatories and send the keys by different means of communication.
Signatories have 30 days to electronically sign the application. If one signature is missing, the advisor must generate the signature again and then everyone must sign again.
- Will corporations / legal persons be accepted?
Yes, you can create legal owners from the Express issue ($50,001 and more) in the application
- Different owner, insured and payer on the electronic application?
It is possible to have a different owner, insured and payer on the electronic application. The application with the electronic signature allows to have up to 2 insured, 3 owners, 10 beneficiaries and 10 dependent children.
- Assignment – Collateral
It is possible to indicate in the electronic application if the contract has an assignment – collateral
- Conditional Insurance
The conditional insurance agreement is offered in the electronic application
- Can the signature also be done on a cellphone?
Yes, all of our online tools are available on all platforms, including computers, tablets and smartphones.
- Period of validity of the electronic signature
The electronic signature is available to signatories 30 days after the signature email is sent. After that, it will have to be generated again.
- Accepted payment methods
We accept pre-authorized debit payments for annual and monthly payments or checks for annual payments.
- When remuneration is shared with another agent, is there a box to specify who keeps the service?
In the advisor’s statement, at the bottom of the section, it is possible to indicate remuneration sharing.
- Electronic delivery of the contract
Depending on the communication preferences that you indicated in the application, the insurance contract is deposited in the client portal and a notice is sent by email to your clients.
- Can I send a paper application for simplified issue?
The option to send a paper or interactive PDF application for the simplified issue is now offered with the eligibility questionnaire. You can also use the electronic application through My Universe. The electronic application can be signed and submitted according to the 3 following options:
- Electronic signature, in person (laptop, tablet, smartphone)
- Electronic signature, face-to-face, by email with a security code given by the advisor.
- Or for the Express issue ($50,001 – $150,000) and the Immediate Underwriting ( $150,001- $499,999)you can also print the electronic application generated by My Universe and sign by hand.
- Is a «reception of a new application» notification always sent?
The notification is sent only for electronic applications. A paper application (Adapt CI or other), which will be entered manually in our system will not generate such notification since you already have a copy of the paper application.
- Is there an equivalent age for the Term Superior+ product when joint, first to die coverage is chosen?
Since April 2020, UV Insurance does not use the equivalent age for Term Superior+ (T10, T20, T30) for a joint first to die contract. As with most insurance companies, the total premium is based on the average premium of both insured plus the contract fees.
- Are the Preferred rates available for the Term Superior+ joint, first to die products?
The Preferred rates are offered for the Term Superior+, joint, first to die products, starting at $500,000 of amount insured. These preferred rates do not need to be requested since the product will undergo the regular underwriting process. UV Insurance will offer the best available rate, based on the information given for the underwriting. Note that since there are so many rating possibilities for this type of product, they are not included in the illustration, so as not to weigh down the document.
- Is it possible to combine a life and critical illness insurance on the same application?
It is possible for a permanent life insurance contract of $150,001 or more (regular underwriting) and for Term life insurance of $500,00 or more (regular underwriting).
- Can the Multi-contract discount be applied to contracts issued with the old system?
A contract issued on My Universe (and old system) can benefit from a multi-contract discount of $15 on each if they meet the following criteria :
For contract issued with UV Insurance since December 10, 2020:
– The $15 multi-contract discount is applied on all contracts (except for the Juvenile 30/100 on the Term-to-30 portion. However, it is applicable on the $75 contract fees when the contract is renewed for the Term100)
– The discount is vetted for the duration of the contract, and will not be adjusted if there is a break in the requirements (if there is a cancellation of a contract, the $15 discount will still be valid even if it’s the only contract remaining)
– The address needs to be the same for all contracts/insured/owners and payers
– There must be a kinship bond (spouse or children) between the insured; OR
– A business link (associates) but they all need to share the same address.
– Applied to both systems (My Universe and old system)
– The contracts must have premium payments
– Regardless of method of payment (P.A.D. or cheque)
- Is the discount available for contracts issued by other companies but for which UV Insurance is now the administrator?
It is not offered for those contracts.
- Does it make a difference if the payment method is different?
Yes, the payment method needs to be the same.
- If a client receives a paper copy of the contract since they did not opt for the electronic copy at the time the application was submitted, will they be able to receive it on the portal afterwards? And how to go about it?
It is possible to request it at any time. The client needs to contact our customer service department and the activation code will be sent to them following the call.
- Are all contracts sent electronically because of COVID-19, even if it’s not indicated in the application?
No, UV Insurance follows the indications in the application.
- I am not receiving follow up emails or signature emails from My Univers platform, what should I do?
Please use the following steps; make sure that you check if they work before going to the next one:
1. Please check all folders like your spam/junk/unwanted/promotion folders…You can always set up your email to receive our emails without problems by following the following processes for Outlook.
2. Authorize Outlook as a sender
3. Whitelisting us with your IT department and other related filters concerning emails.
Ask your IT department to whitelist all IP addresses from the OneSpan software, which is the software used for the electronic signatures.
US Pool (3 IPs)
EU Pool (1 IP)
What document is needed to validate an electronic signature?
It is required to see the audit report attached with the signed application when the advisor uploads the document after the signatures.
Here is the way to automate the process of AdobeSign:
Under the Attach the Audit Report to documents downloaded from the Manage page
Here is the process for DocuSign:
- What is the multi-contract discount?
A $15 discount is available when more than one eligible contract is in effect, including the first contract, except for Early Learning. Simply check the box in your illustrator software, if the criteria are met.
- What are the eligibility criteria?
- The $15 multi-contract discount is applied on all contracts (except for Early Learning and for the Juvenile 30/100 on the Term-to-30 portion. However, it is applicable on the $75 contract fees when the contract is renewed for the Term100)
- The discount is vetted for the duration of the contract, and will not be adjusted if there is a break in the requirements (if there is a cancellation of a contract, the $15 discount will still be valid even if it’s the only contract remaining)
- The address needs to be the same for all contracts/insured/owners and payers
- There must be a kinship bond (spouse or children) between the insured; OR
- A business link (associates) but they all need to share the same address.
- Applied to both systems (My Universe and old system)
- The contracts must have premium payments
- Regardless of method of payment (P.A.D. or cheque)
*Exception on the Juvenile 30/100 product: the multi-contract discount will be applicable on the $75 fee at renewal at 30 years in T-100.
- Can the multi-contract discount be applied on contracts issued in the old system?
A contract issued on My Universe (and old system) can benefit from a multi-contract discount of $15 on each if they meet the criteria:
- Is the discount available for contracts issued by other companies but for which UV Insurance is now the administrator?
It is not offered for those contracts.
- Will a client who wants an insurance amount of $50,000 or less be automatically deferred for two years when using the electronic application?
Indeed, the simplified issue comes with life insurance provisions without medical examination. So all permanent life insurance products of $50,000 or less will be deferred insurance amounts 24/12 months depending on the type of simplified issue.
- Is AdapCI available with the new electronic application?
At the moment, the AdapCI is not available for electronic application submission. The web illustration allows you to produce an illustration via My Universe portal, but you must use the dynamic PDF or paper application to submit an AdapCI request.
The MIB information is verified for all simplified issue starting at $25,001, either Instant, Express, or Immediate Underwriting.
- Can we add the credit insurance rider to the electronic application?
The credit insurance rider can be added with:
-Express Issue. It is restricted to the 2–year option.
-Immediate Underwriting. It is restricted to 2-5–year option.
-Regular Underwriting, the 3 options (2-5–up to 65 years) are available.
- Someone who wants an Adaptable of $25,000 but not deferred, how should they proceed?
Our Adaptable product is now offered in simplified issue for amounts between $5,000 and $150,000 and whose amounts between $5,000 and $50,000 are deferred.
- For the Early Learning product, can delivery be made directly to the clients including the stuffed toy?
You must deliver the contract and stuffed KouKou. This is an opportunity to meet the family and offer them our products with reimbursement of expenses.
- Has the insurability declarations for $150,000 and more been revised or is it the same questionnaire as the current application?
The requirements for Permanent life above $150,000 have been updated. You will find them on our website, in the illustration software or the application. The telephone interview is available up to $350,000.
The requirements for Term life above $350 000, according to the age category, have been updated. You will find them on our website, in the illustration software or the application.
New business and follow-ups
- Does UV Insurance inform the MGA of the receipt of a new electronic application?
When the advisors submit an application, the MGA receives a notification and a copy of the application in My Universe portal. The advisors receive an application summary in their portal.
- Ordering medical requirements
The requirements are ordered by the MGA or the advisor.
- Are electronic signatures accepted on delivery requirements?
Yes, as long as the advisors uses a recognized electronic signature. Electronic signatures by a secured link either by your CRM or another platform (iGeny, Adobe sign, SignNow, Docusign, OneSpan, etc.)
- Can the forms in documents be signed electronically via My Universe platform?
The electronic signatures is not available at the moment for “external” forms. They can be signed by any recognized means (Adobe Sign, etc) indicated on our website. For some (ex. : replacement notice), they can be uploaded in the applications.
- Will alternative esignatures on certain documents be accepted?
Yes, documents other than the electronic application can be signed with the platforms identified by UV Insurance. Electronic signatures by a secured hyperlink either by your CRM or another platform (iGeny, Adobe Signe, SignNow, DocuSign, OneSpan, etc.)
- If the client wishes a hard copy of the contract, is it possible?
By default, delivery is the hard copy version. The electronic delivery option is available when you complete the new owner(s) section of the electronic application.
- Id there a cost for a hard copy of the contract?
There is no charge for the first version of the contract, only for future reprints.
- How is the access code given to the client for their client portal?
The client will receive an email to activate their account at the email address you specified. The process is simple for the client.
For the investment application, here are the additional requirements that allow a unique PAD for a deposit.
In the application, for an initial or additional deposit:
- Section 10 ” Direct deposit or pre-authorized debit authorization” must be completed and signed by the policyholder (electronic signatures accepted according to conditions) (Section 8 for TFSA application)
- Specimen cheque from the account holder in the case of an initial deposit or following a change of account information
Important information regarding the process for PAD
- Upon receipt of the required compliant documents, a 48-hour period is required for the bank processing the request.
- In order to ensure the availability of funds, an administrative delay of 3 business days applies before the issuance of the investment certificate. At the end of the period, the certificate will be issued retroactively to the date of receipt of the compliant documents or the availability of funds (if they are not available when the documents are received) and interest will therefore accumulate from this date.
- The conditions for the rate guarantee is the same as for a personal check.
Precisions for the rate guarantee with PADs – Send an email to UV Assurance with all the deposit details (name of the client, deposit amount, product and requested rate) and send us the documents (original or electronic) within the 7 following days. The rate applied will be the highest between the receipt of the rate guarantee request and the receipt of the documents. If a later date is indicated for the PAD and it exceeds the period of the rate guarantee, then the applicable rate will be that in effect at the time of the PAD. If we cannot initiate the PAD upon receipt of the documents, the rate guarantee does not apply if the PAD date is later than the 7-day period granted.
*UV Insurance accepts electronic signatures on PDF applications for investments under certain conditions.
Please review the specific measures regarding e-signatures in the Investment-Retirement section
|Valid (calendar days):|
|45 days||45 days||15 days|
|Requirements:||By cheque||By PAD|
The deposit (transfer cheque) must be received at our offices within 45 days of the guarantee rate request and be cashable within this period.
The original application (in paper format with wet signature) must be mailed with the cheque. All documents must be received at our offices within 15 days of the guarantee rate request. The cheque must be cashable within this period.
The duly completed documents must be received within 15 days of the guarantee rate request and the debit must be made within this period.
|The highest between the guaranteed rate and the rate in effect on the date of renewal.
|The highest between the guaranteed rate, the rate in effect on the date of receipt of the application (wet signature or PDF with electronic signature*) and the rate in effect on the date of receipt of the deposit.
|The highest between the guaranteed rate, the rate in effect on the date of receipt of the documents or the highest rate between the date of the rate and the date of reception of documents.
UV Insurance accepts electronic signatures on PDF applications for investments on the following products:
- Guaranteed Investment Certificates (GIC)
- Mercury Segregated Funds
Electronic signatures is accepted on:
- Applications for a registered product (initial and/or additional deposit) – (RRSP, TFSA, RRIF, LIF, LIRA);
- T2033 forms for transfers to UV Insurance of a registered contract (initial and / or additional transfer) – (RRSP, TFSA, RRIF, LIF, LIRA);
- Internal rollovers to the spouse;
- Additional deposits in an already existing non-registered accounts, for clients already with UV Insurance.
The electronic signatures must be done using one of the solutions accepted by UV Insurance. Electronic signatures through a secure hyperlink either through your CRM or another platform (iGeny, Adobe Sign, SignNow, DocuSign, ConsignO, OneSpan, etc.). We must imperatively have the final audit report or History at the end of the document to attest the signing process.
Original signatures required
- Original signatures are required for all new deposits to non-registered accounts.
- For changes of owners and beneficiaries, a copy of the original signature is acceptable. However, electronic signatures are not accepted.
- For copies of handwritten signatures, UV Insurance may, for compliance purposes, contact a client to verify the validity of the signature on the documents and the client’s identity.
- How does the guaranteed interest rate work?
The guaranteed interest rate must be requested by email and is valid for a limited time only. The interest rate guarantee is applicable on the amount of the deposit and not according to the type of investment.
Are UV Direct accounts available outside of Quebec?
Our UV Direct account product is only available within the province of Quebec since we are registered only with the Quebec Deposit Insurance Corporation (QDIC, not the CDIC, for the rest of Canada). This product is protected by the QDIC, which is different than the other life insurance and GIC products which are protected by Assuris (Uniflex and Mercury Segregated Funds).
- Are UV Insurance investment products available in Canada?
Our investment/retirement products (GIC, Segragated funds and Annuities) are available in all of Canada except for Newfoundland and Labrador, Yukon, Nunavut, and Northwest territories.
- Is it possible to transfer money from a GIC to a UV Direct account, internally?
You first have to cash in your GIC for which a cheque will be issued and mailed to you. Secondly, you must open your UV Direct account online, which will then be linked to your bank account. Once both accounts are linked, you will be able to transfer the money from your bank account to your UV Direct account. Note that the UV Direct account can only be used for nonregistered funds.
- Can a direct deposit be requested when cashing in?
This option is not available at the moment.
- What is the procedure when filling out an application for a minor?
If the child is 14 years or older, they will be the owner of their contract. We recommend that the child’s trustee signs the application form as well. For a child under 14 years of age, only the signature of the trustee is required.
- Which instructions can be sent by email?
- Change in the RRIF installments (requested amount, payment date, frequency: annual or monthly)
- Request for a portfolio interest rate adjustment
- Terminate or reactivate the P.A.D. (pre-authorized debit)
- Terminate or reactivate the automatic transfers between the daily interest account and the chosen investment product.
- Special quote request
For a deposit of $200 000 or more, please contact our Investment/Retirement Department: email@example.com or your Sales and Development Director.
- How to request a guaranteed interest rate?
- Funds transferring from another financial institution: we need to receive a copy of both the filled-out application and the transfer form. The guaranteed interest rate is valid for a 30-day period, starting from the reception date of the documents which can be sent by email. To be applicable, we must receive the money within that period. Note that the highest interest rate between the guaranteed one and the one in effect upon receipt of the cheque is granted.
- Personal cheque: we need to receive a copy of the filled-out application and a copy of the cheque. They can be sent by email. The guaranteed interest rate is valid for a 7day period. To be applicable, we must receive the cheque within that period and it must be cashable upon receipt. Note that the highest interest rate between the guaranteed one and the one in effect upon receipt of the cheque is granted.
- Renewal of a GIC certificate: an email or the Guaranteed Interest Rate form (EQC033) is accepted. The type and term of the GIC product need to be specified. The guaranteed interest rate is valid for a 28-day period following receipt of the request. Note that the guaranteed interest rate requested will be granted regardless of the one in effect on the date of renewal.
- Is it possible to open a TFSA UV Direct account?
No, since the funds cannot be registered.
- Is it possible to do an E-transfer to purchase an investment product?
This option is not available at the moment. A cheque is required to purchase an investment product.
Do you have any questions? Contact our team!
General Phone: 1 800 567-0988
Technical support or to obtain an access code:
1-800-567-0988, Ext. 2063
|Contract Management and Modification
|Investment & Retirement
|Advisor’s Information, Commission and Remuneration
|UV Direct Account